This will our first post to medium about the mobile application development process.
In Mobile application development we have the same process of the software development lifecycle.
Pre-planning and research
- What is the main aim of the Application?
- Who is the target audience?
- Analysis of the competition
- Target platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, Web, PWA)
- Features which are absent in other Apps
Requirements of app development
- Mockups & UI: This is the most important part of app development. where we will clear about the flow of the application.
- Color palettes: Use of standard material colors etc.
- Logo and Splash screen: Color theme may be based on this.
- If UI is ready then get all icons in all quality formats like xhdpi in android and @2x in iOS (Show image with respect to pixel density)
- These will be useful for fast image loading aware may increase app size, Avoid icon as image as some color change can lead to problem try SVG.
- Orientation (Landscape, Portrait or Both)
- Country-specific requirements (Date formats, Language, Location specifics)
- Online (has Backend) or Offline app.
- Has User Authentication or public access.
- Is the app has real-time queries?
Use reference for UI from
Assessment of Technical feasibility
In which technology we have to build an app
- React Native
Some rich feature feasibility
- Push notification (Onesignal, Firebase, Microsoft app center, AWS)
- App Diagnosis and Monitoring(Sentry, Microsoft Appcenter, Firebase Crashlytics)
- File attachment support
- Chat support
- Automated or unit testing
- Use of Fastlane
- Microsoft codepush feature
- Use of Microsoft appcenter for testing distribution.
- app versioning via changelog file.
- Google Playstore and Apple Developer accounts.